The Beer Bug™ (BeerBug Wifi Digital Hydrometer)
The hottest new product in fermentation management and monitoring!
The BeerBug monitors specific gravity, fermentation temperature and alcohol % and transmits that information to an online account in real time. Brewers can log in to the BeerBug website or access their ferments via the free Android or iOS app to view real-time measurements and historical graphed data.
The BeerBug helps brewers answer the important questions and gain real insight into how their beer ferments. Now it is possible to gauge real lag times, see the actual temperature impacts from different yeast strains, determine how yeasts behave in the time from high krausen to actually finishing fermentation and much more.
What could be cooler than all of that? How about the built-in capability to share all of this data directly with friends and fellow brewers over social media? The possibilities are endless. Who can finish first? Who can ferment the dryest? Who has the most even fermenttaion temperature?
How it works
Specific Gravity is measured with the "Torpedo," whose buoyancy in the fermenting wort is monitored by the BeerBug. This is the same principle a hydrometer works off of. The length of the line that the Torpedo hangs from can be adjusted to any length, making the BeerBug compatible with any fermenter.
Temperature is measured via a built-in sensor that monitors the temp of the CO2 being released from your fermentation. On its own this is very accurate, but for that extra degree of precision an external temperature probe is also available.
Alcohol percentage is calulated based on starting gravity and the amount of sugar that's been fermented.
- Fits most any vessel
- CO2 vents through a traditional blowoff or an airlock
- Actual gravity sensor hangs from your BeerBug into your beer and can be lengthened or shortened to accommodate any vessel
- Sends information via your local WiFi network (local WiFi required)
- Rechargeable battery has 25 day life
- Free account on TheBeerBug.com
- Android and iOS Apps available for your phone or tablet
- Software upgrades are automatically sent to the Beer Bug via WiFi as released
- Temperature probe available separately
- 1 year warranty
Please note: Carboy, blow-off tubing, and stopper pictured are not included.